I Could Write a Book

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Solace...

I walked up to the park today and spent about an hour or so walking around and exploring everything...I hadn't actually gone onto the park grounds before this, but it was so peaceful, and it felt almost as if the paths were created just for me. It was really nice. Then, I got to the back of the perimeter and there was suddenly this entire new world--a swimming pool full of people, a carp-filled lake, and it was just a crazy experience. I really loved it.

I met with Dave Carver and figured out everything for my Field Ed. this fall. I just have to get in touch with Barry Jackson and things will be fairly well cleared. I am really excited--it sounds like I'm going to have a thousand good opportunities. Plus, I have finally experienced the Pittsburgh staple that is Primanti's! We ate lunch there today--it was fabulous (and oh how I missed having meat and dairy in the same meal...)

I haven't really done any unpacking, except to retrieve the few things that I have needed...The rest of it is all across my living room. It'll get itself done sometime! :0)

I got my grades today (after waiting with baited breath for 2 months).
~Polity: A-
~History: A
~Exegesis: A-
~Systematic: A

I was a bit bummed that there were two A minuses, but really I can't complain. My cumulative gpa isn't too terrible.

I was bummed that I didn't get my actual exegesis paper back, however. I need to email Dr. Gagnon...I spoke to his secretary, Holly, today and, apparently, Dr. Gagnon doesn't make too many appearances on campus during the summer. He only lives 3 seconds from here though, so perhaps he'll take the time to drop my paper in my box.

Also, I had 3 wedding invitations waiting for me upon my return here: Suzy and Rich, Caroline and Tim, and Brian and Tina. All of them are in August and none of them conflict with things that I have going on (at least, I don't think...I need to check). Rich and Suzy's wedding is in Seattle, however, so that probably won't be happening. They are holding a reception back here in Pittsburgh in September, so I'll certainly be a part of that.

Life is just crazy. I saw Tom today (amond others) and he was asking about my trip, and I realized that I had a really hard time talking about it. It's just so hard to explain--so much happened over the course of 6 weeks, and I can hardly begin to process it. Plus, there are so many things better left as memories--experiences shared only and entirely with the people who were there...

Today is Kalypso's birthday. I hope she was able to talk to her mom and brother! I know her dad loved having her around in Israel...she's such a terrific girl, it's not surprising!

I ought to run to Giant Eagle tonight (especially since I don't have anything for dinner), but I really don't feel like it. Maybe I'll scrounge something random for tonight, then go out tomorrow morning after I've cut coupons.

It's really nice to be back in Pittsburgh. I can't believe I've lived here for a year! It finally feels like home...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home