I Could Write a Book

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

3 coins in the fountain

I am so excited! Perhaps it's silly of me to be so excited, actually, because it is almost entirely because I saved $28 using my Giant Eagle Advantage card and my coupons while at the store today. But that's no small amount when you're me and you have no money!

Also, I am excited because I have groceries, and can make yummy meals...I'm going to try to make dinner for Tom one night this week too...his birthday is on Friday (yay for sharing a birthday with Mom, Michelle and other random people like Jeremy Klabik!)

I came home to three wedding invitations, all for weddings in August. I know for sure I can't go to one (Rich and Suzy's), I will definitely be able to go to one (Brian's!), and until I know about the Journey, I won't be able to figure out if I can go to the other (Tim and Caroline's). Craziness.

I thought I had something of much greater import to write about on here. It has temporarily left me.

Oh, except that everyone should read "Invisible Man" by Ralph Ellison. It is a work of literary genius that succeeds in confusing the reader so much. There are times when I want to hate the narrator and times when I want to love him...Sometimes he makes sense, other times he needs to be slapped upside the head. The book approaches some very tough issues--morally, sociologically, and introspectively. It's a great read...and I'm not even done yet!

Once I finish reading "Invisible Man," I have "Middlesex," "The Things They Carried," "The Master and Margherita," "Corrosion of Character," "When Elephants Dance," and a whole slew of others. Hopefully I will finish all of them before the school year begins. Plus, it's time to work on learning Swahili, I need to complete my papers for Israel & Dr. Tappy, I have to edit my resume and write a mini-biography for Dave over at CHUP to give to his session, and I need to work on all sorts of stuff for Orientation.

At least I don't have anything to do... :0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home