I Could Write a Book

Friday, July 22, 2005

Happy Birthday Mom, Tom, and Michelle! :0)

Last night was fantastic!

Tom and I went to dinner at Rosetti's and had yummy zucchini and calzones, and we just spent a couple of hours there laughing and talking...Then we stopped by Bed, Bath & Beyond to look for a shaker and glasses for him (but he was so anal that he never actually picked one out), then we went to the liquor store (silly PA doesn't sell any alcohol in grocery stores...Ohio: 1, Pennsylvania: 0) and Tom got some rum. Then we went to Giant Eagle and had the greatest time. Who knew that shopping for 15 items could take so long and be so much fun?!?

I can't even tell you how challenging it was for us to find the following three items: Spanish peanuts, breadcrumbs, and canned Hershey's syrup. Of course, that we walked down the peanut and breadcrumb aisles both multiple times and were too busy talking and laughing might have something to do with it. We also ran into Doug and Mandy--they were also on a quest for Hershey's syrup (the bottled kind, not the canned kind), and they saved the day when they came across both kinds! Yay! Thus, Mom's bday cake could be made. :0)

Anyway, Tom was so nice--out-of-character nice, even. He said multiple times how much he'd missed me, how excited that he was to have me back in town, etc. He's so great--we have such an awesome friendship. Plus, we're just huge dorks.

When we got back here, we decided we'd have to try and make this a weekly event, so that will be fun. Plus, Debbie will be done with SYI after tomorrow, so she and Brian and I will be able to hang out more...I felt badly last night--Brian called and wanted me to come hang out, but I was too busy trying to get packed up etc...and I had to wake up early since the cable guy was supposed to come this morning.

Of course, he didn't show up, so I called the dudes over at Comcast and they apologized profusely and gave me a $20 credit on my billing! Plus, he's going to come next Tuesday morning, and it's not as if I had anything else scheduled, so that makes me happy.

I'm still waiting for my paper from Dr. Gagnon...when he emailed and said it would be in my box by yesterday, I knew better than to get my hopes up. I'll start looking for it next Thursday or so...Knowledgable teacher (thus the FOUR classes I took with him this year), horrrrrrrible time management. No one's good at everything!!! I do really want to read my comments though...Come to think of it, I never got my Polity exam back either, but, knowing George, that's to be expected...

I'm off to wish Tom and happy birthday, then out to load my car and hit the road (only stopping for gas and at my starbucks at home--I promised I'd visit!) :0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home