I Could Write a Book

Thursday, October 20, 2005

doctrine.

So as to avoid forgetting the hilarity of the day (despite that fact that it will not be funny to anyone else), I feel the need to write a short ditty.

Basically, Methodist doctrine has never been so hilarious. It usually starts out with a devotion of some sort. Today, the person who was supposed to "devote" decided, rather, to discuss alcoholism and drug abuse. Normally, we take 5-10 minutes for that, then sing a hymn. Today, we didn't get to the hymn, and our AA meeting lasted for 25 minutes. Now, I have no problem with understanding the stance on this stuff, but for 25 minutes? Really? It go SO bad that, when I looked over at George (the teacher) I saw him trying to avoid laughing. And Keith, Brenda, and I all made eye contact...Bad idea. We all had to put our heads down, and even still, erupted in laughter. It was ridiculous.

Then, later, George told me that he kept looking at his watch as a signal to move on, but the person speaking never looked at George to get that hint.

Also, George referred to us as a "fun, peppy class." Then, Jon and I were walking back to our apartments after class let out, and the aforementioned class member drove up beside us, asked us if we were "stuck on campus" and proceeded to give us half a cheese pizza from somewhere called "Nappies." First of all, who drives around with a free pizza and just gives it away. More importantly, who buys pizza from a place called "Nappies"? Of course, Jon and I were laughing so hard, and in my laughter, I sort of stepped of the curb a bit and tripped. This set us off even more, and, truly, we were in tears.

And, I have officially turned in everything that was due this week. Plus, I got back my test from NT01 (the one I took yesterday morning) and (drumroll please) I got a 100%!!! Woohoo! :0)

Now, I'm doing a bit of preparation for Sunday, beginning the miserable task of cleaning up my dreadful apartment, driving to CHUP for a meeting, and doing other stuff that requires a limited amount of thinking. Hurray! It's the weekend! :0)

J and Rach will be here in under 42.5 hours!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!

Ok, bye :0)

1 Comments:

At 10/21/2005 08:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just about 25 hours now!!!! :-)
YAY!!!

(And R clearly pointed out this morning that we would see Aunt K soon.)

:-)

bpb.fl.b.b.b.b

p.s. I wish these stupid blogger spam people would stop. It's really annoying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home