I Could Write a Book

Sunday, October 02, 2005

sunburn.

It has been a very 1987esque weekend for me. After all, both the Buckwheat Festival and a Mountaineer football game? As I said to Mom and Dad, this weekend reminded me of what life was like 15 or 20 years ago. It was fun, despite the sadness that was the WVU/VT game, topped off by the Tribe not getting the Wildcard. Boo. :0( It was nice to see Uncle Charles, Aunt Kelley, and the girls again (they're SO tall!) There's a strong chance I'll be heading back to Morgantown in a couple of weeks to see the WVU/Louisville game. And Uncle Charles again (minus the rest of the family), and Joe Safety with his fiancee...and some other frat brothers of Dad's (Chevy, Steve Britt, etc.) Hopefully I'll have the opportunity to capitalize on the time spent with them, and I can hear about all of the stories of Dad in the Delt house. He did confess that, while most of his friends were plastered to watch every football game (in suit and tie, mind you), he never was because he enjoyed football too much. He also confessed that, instead, he just waited until after the game.

At any rate, I have enjoyed the past few days, even with some sort of allergy/sinus/cold thing going on--Mom thought I had a fever earlier today--I thought it was the hot chocolate I drank at lunch. Also, I'm sporting a sort of "Phantom of the Opera" look, as the right side of my face is bright red with sunburn (save the prominent line of white where my sunglasses sat).

I took Mom and Dad to church this morning, and they just loved it. It made me a little bit sad for them though--it's not like they're close by and able to just come every Sunday. Several people went up and introduced themselves--not even knowing that they were related to me!

Next weekend, I'm going back to Cleveland (it's been a couple of months since my last trip, I guess), and will participate in Race for the Cure with Mom and Dad. Also, I have to go to Charge Conference in Boardman...that will be the least exciting part of the weekend. I have meetings every night this week, plus another one tomorrow morning at 7:30. Yuck. But, as far as schoolwork is concerned, it's a fairly light week. Lots of reading, but I will be at Mom and Dad's all day on Friday, so I can get a lot done there.

Today has remained consistent with other Sundays, even sans Browns game. Steamboat Matt called, among others--it's been awhile since he and I have caught up. I actually got one phone call from someone who thought I'd have extra time to talk today purely because Cleveland did not play. Actually, the logic is pretty good.

Anyway, my niece turns 3 tomorrow. So finally she can announce to everyone that, "It's Rachel's happy birthday!" She's been waiting since Mom's (her Oma) birthday in July! :0) 3 on the 3rd...as J says, it's her "golden birthday." I hope she likes her gifts from me. :0)

I have things to do, cds to put onto my ipod, and football to watch (though the 49ers and Cardinals doesn't figure to be a great game--regardless of the country in which it's played). Bye :0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home