I Could Write a Book

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Free 99

I can't get over how busy I am right now. It's not even that I am busy with those things that I've planned--it's that life happens on top of everything else (imagine that).

I'm not worried though.

A few points of interest:

~Miami sent out an email to all students who were registered at any of the campuses for the Fall 2002 semester. Apparently, there was a file on a school server that was accessible over the internet...that contained the gpa for that semester, the cumulative gpa, full name, social security number, and other private information for every enrolled student. Of course, I was studying in Luxembourg at the time, but that doesn't seem to matter, as I was technically enrolled at an "extension" campus or something like that.

~Michael and I have resumed our email bantering. Despite the fact that we just send one-liners, it is nice to be in that sort of "discussion." Hopefully he appreciates the occasional non-hurricane related email. It's nice that he still maintains his (often ridiculous, always hilarious) sense of humour through everything that has happened. Plus, I found out he's still going to be in Philly this November!!!! With everyone who is going, SBL is going to be SO great!

~As if I need to announce this (since everyone watched with glee), the BROWNS BEAT THE PACKERS ON SUNDAY!!!! YESSSSS!!! As Dad says, it was a good weekend for the Trifecta (that is, Miami, WVU, and the Browns all won).

~Constitution Day was the 17th. Our school officials dropped the ball. So now, Purdie and I are forced to pick up the ball and do...something. Will they really check on us? Remove our federal funding? Doubtful. Very doubtful. Alas, as SA VP, I must do my job and move forward.

~Dr. Son's dad died suddenly. This is very sad, and no one can even be pleased that our classes with him are canceled for the week, because we're all so bummed out for him. On a sort of related note, I dreamt last night that both Don Dawson and Brian Wallace had died, and I woke up really upset...then realized that I had actually been dreaming. But now I feel like I need to see one or both of them just to be 100% sure that it was all a dream. I hate that--when dreams feel so real that you can't help but wonder if they're actually reality. Yuck. But, the greater concern is obviously for Dr. Son and his family...

~Last night, I had a discussion with Josh, Doug, and Tom about how Tom intimidates me. Why is this so weird? A few things: Tom is perhaps the least intimidating person ever, he's one of my closest friends here, and I don't get intimidated by people very easily anyway. Plus, of everyone here, I have seen Tom in his most ridiculous, geeky, not-at-all intimidating state. We hang out all the time. We have dumb conversations and serious conversations. And yet I am actually intimidated. I'm so weird.

I have a Synoptic Cell Discussion to write, among many other academic tasks. I must be off.

1 Comments:

At 9/20/2005 08:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oak, so I am disappointed in a cuppao things:
1. You neglected to mention our extremely cohesive and intellectual conversation
2. You neglected to mention the exciting victory that the Indians had over the White Sox.
3. You neglected to mention that it's only a month and 2 days until we visit you.
4. That's it.
5. At least I commented, though, right?
6. XAPIS!
7. If I were indeed to get one, what thinkest thou that I shouldeth get?
8. I don't want to do any work today. I need a day off to do nothing, or at least to get stuff done around the house.
9. Oak, that's it. BPB.FL.B.B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home