I Could Write a Book

Friday, September 02, 2005

phew.

Ok, perhaps I was a bit premature in my comment that "the worst is over" re: Katrina in New Orleans.

But, I am currently breathing deeps sighs of relief--Michael is alive and okay! He's still in New Orleans (living on the second floor of his home). His family is headed to Omaha, NE to stay with family so that the kids can enroll in school. Also, his wife plans to do some substitute teaching while out there.

There is so much work to be done. Unbelievable, heart-breaking amounts of work.

But things are markedly better for anyone who was concerned about Michael Homan. :0)

On another note, Orientation was yesterday and today, and things have gone very well. There are several really great people in the new class, and I think we're all going to get along smashingly. Plus, card night tonight! YES!!!! The traditions of last year are going to be off to a splendid beginning this year. If only we had Steve here with us (I talked to him yesterday though--it was his bday, and all is going well). I think this year is going to be quite different from last year--different, but good.

Take care.

1 Comments:

At 9/02/2005 01:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Evelyn Rodriguez on Consulting As Calling
Stowe Boyd, President/COO of Corante, is a well-known media subversive, and an internationally recognized authority on real-time, collaborative and social technologies.
I was surfing the net and found your great blog. If you are any interested in guitar playing or want to start playing, go see my related site. You may find something of interest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home