I Could Write a Book

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Plowing Ahead.

Well, the worst of Katrina is past us now. But there is so much in disrepair all along the Gulf coast...the pictures are breathtaking...

Plus, there are still so many questions left unanswered...and no one in the heavily affected areas is really capable of communication at this point. I hope that people are able to be rescued from roof tops all over, etc.

Of course I want most to receive word that everyone I know is okay, but I truly hope that casualties are minimal, because everyone who knows someone is waiting to hear that they're okay. I have decided that I want to go down to New Orleans in Feb/Mar no matter what. I'm going to spend time with the Homans, and if that means spending time with them to help repair their home and, simultaneously, their life, then so be it. Unless they would rather I didn't go, I have every intention of pitching in as I can. That is six months away, which seems like a good while, but there is so much to do.

Their house is on stilts, so that makes me feel better about potential damage...and their house isn't in the area of New Orleans proper that was most affected, but there was really no "good" place to be down there.

On a different note, I am making some headway on my paper, which is very good, as it's due 2 days from now and I am less than 300 pages in to the text (I've read it, but it's been a little while).

I hope that I can find a way to help everyone who's now suffering under these weather conditions. It's so hard to imagine that nature can be so beautiful and amazing, but can also murder and destroy without discrimination.

I am really tired after 7.5 hours working (plus an hour for lunch--I felt I deserved it). I must get back to this paper, though I think it's possible that Dr. Tappy will have a cow when he sees how long it is...It's true--a length requirement would have been nice. Oh well, at least my other two papers for him are only 4 pages each.

Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home