I Could Write a Book

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Chicago

I am writing from J, Mat, & Rachel's place in Chicago.

Thursday night, I stayed at Twyla's and finally saw "Napoleon Dynamite." I recommend it--of course I do...Unbeknownst to me, I was quoting that movie without ever having seen it. Anyway, I got up early Friday morning and worked at Mary's house for about 5 hours, then Twyla drove me to the airport. My flight left on time and we arrived at Midway about 25 minutes early! So, I contacted the Smiths and they were caught in traffic, so a couple of hours later, they picked me up. We celebrated J's birthday with dinner at Uncle Julio's--yummy--then topped it off with Coldstone. Again, yummy. J opened her gifts, then they gave me my birthday gift since I don't know when I'll see them again, but it certainly won't be before my birthday (in 2 weeks...yay!). I could not believe it, but they got me an IPOD FOR MY BIRTHDAY!!! I was in shock...what an overly-generous sister and bro-in-law I have!

Today, we ate at The Golden Nugget (because that's what we do), then shopped on Michigan, spending the bulk of our time at H&M, but also making a stop at Jamba Juice. We caught some of the air show as well, but will see that tomorrow. Gino's for dinner topped off a great day. I'm only bummed because I'll be leaving tomorrow evening.

Bye :0)

1 Comments:

At 8/22/2005 09:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI the anonymous comment is working now.
I keep inadvertantly tapping the laptop while I think of what I want to type. Does that bug you??? :-)

When are you going to check out the Browns bar? I hope you find lots of smart people with whom you can commiserate.

Rove yaou, bpb.fl.b.b.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home