I Could Write a Book

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Crow Bars.

Today was another fun-filled day of home repair. The two of us put a second coat in Bedroom 1, painted Bedroom 2 in its entirety, pulled up carpet on the stair case (and all the tacks and nails beneath), pulled the baseboards in the front entry hall, took out all of the registers and vents in the LR, BRs and the main hallway, took down all of the blinds and valances, and taped the LR so the we can paint the trim. In 5.5 hours.

Yes, we are quite the duo. It feels good to be working again; I hate feeling idle.

Tomorrow, I will work at WMI in the morning, then will head down to Bethel Park for more work on the house in the afternoon (unless I don't leave WMI until 4 or something). Thursday will be more of the same at the house, but I'm staying down there so we can get an early start on Friday before Twyla takes me to the airport and I go to C-H-I-C-A-G-O-!-!-! I can't wait to see J, Mat, and Rach!!!

James moved back on Sunday morning, so I got to see him last night for the first time--he sort of attacked me with a hug. Then I saw Abraham who now, apparently, lives in my building. He acted very...Abrahamish. Today, I got a call from Maria that she was on campus, but it was while I was working. Upon returning her call this evening, I learned that she was out with Candy for the last time before Candy moves, but she will be moving back here a week from Friday! I can't wait to see her!!! I am very excited for everyone to move back/come home from their respective places. I am almost even ready for school to start...though this year is going to be heinous at best.

Anyway, I am off to read about a new computer program that I'm helping Dave implement in the morning. :0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home