I Could Write a Book

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Air.

Happy birthday to Kristen Ritter and Brandon Gillen!!

In a stroke of unforseen goodness, I was given an air conditioner yesterday. For free! And, it was installed for free! I was floored. And excited. And cool (literally, but, of course, figuratively as well).

And I talked to Mom last night, and we're going to Blossom on Saturday night! They're doing 'An Evening with Gershwin,' which guarantees I will get to hear the song of all songs, Rhapsody in Blue. I taught myself most of the piano part to that song (and by most, I mean about 20 of the 29 pages or so), and I am just in love with it. The rhythms, the melodies, the crazy key changes...it is just music at its finest. And we're certainly going to get some "Porgy and Bess" as well. Yes, it will be a wonderful evening. Plus, I haven't seen the Cleveland Orchestra perform at Blossom for a long time, so it will be nice to go out there, picnic with the parents, and lay on the lawn while enjoying the wonderful sounds of George. In fact, I think it may be true that I have not been to Blossom since I saw Survivor/Little River Band/Chicago, which was 5 or 6 years ago!

Today (in about 15 minutes, actually), I have a lunch meeting with Dean White, Purdie, and Kelvonna. Hopefully we will get the little wrinkles straightened out for Orientation. And, hopefully Dean White will be able to produce the list of incoming students for us, since the Admissions Dept. is dragging its feet.

Jen called me last night, so we got to catch up on all sorts of things. We have decided that we'll need to meet up when I'm in D.C. which, of course, isn't for over a year, but that's only a minor detail...we also agreed she should come down here sometime for a visit, so hopefully that will work out.

Anyway, life is exciting and air conditioned now. Hurray! :0)

(And p.s.-my birthday is one month from today!!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home