I Could Write a Book

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Slumber.

I slept well last night, but had some crazy dreams, the details of which I will not divulge here. At any rate, they were the sort of dreams that have caused me to live in a sea of thoughtfulness since I awoke...It's strange how things that, in real life, are so unlikely can occur in a dream, causing one to change perspective on the corresponding real life scenario. I don't know if that made even a little bit of sense to anyone else, but I'm not too concerned either.

In the news:

~The IRA has stepped down from its armed campaign, seeking to become and remain a peaceful group. At least one ongoing battle is now going to become less morbid and disturbing.

~India monsoons are not good (not surprising, but not good). 400+ have died in the Mumbai (Bombay) area. Fortunately, I have received word from Kate that, after a long 46 hours of travel, has arrived safely in the Himilayas, and has begun to sort out the details of her next year before officially starting work on Monday. (For more info, see her blog.) If the monsoon isn't enough, ten more Indians died in an oil fire...

~And, of course, N Korea and the US are still back and forth in their discussions...I am so glad that Conor will be leaving for Guam in under a week--being stationed in S Korea is a little bit too close for comfort at the moment.

~Finally, according to this article (which I read primarily because it was written about Cleveland, and because it was in The Onion), we should all do our best to don BK crowns and enjoy BK broilers...Although, I was always more of a Wendy's girl, myself (but I'd pick Subway over all).

I'm seeking a way to avoid going to Cleveland this weekend for a lousy 3 hour meeting. I would much rather not drive 5 hours for it, but have few other options. We shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home