I Could Write a Book

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Dry.

I hate money problems. I have learned this about myself in the past week. Why? Because I've never ever had money problems like I do right now. And even more than I hate money problems, I hate having to ask my parents for help. But, when you just paid a huge credit card bill, owe rent and know that another huge credit card bill is on the way--and will be here before the first pay day--it becomes hard to turn down that assistance.

I think I may run over to the Starbucks on Centre (or even the one at Giant Eagle, though it's not a part of the franchise) and see if I can work there. I used to work there, I was a shift, so I certainly know how everything ought to be run...It's just the nuances of the particular store and partners who work there that I'd need to learn.

So, then, this would be my activities for the school year:

10 hours/week: Field Ed. (in Crafton Heights, so more like 15 hours with driving)
5 hours/week: Work/Study
5 hours/week: SA
13 hours/week: Classes
39 hours/week: Homework (assuming 3 hours a week/1 hour of classtime)
10-20 (hopefully closer to 10) hours/week: Starbucks (or some other job that I'll have to take...I could always consider being a server again too...)
42-49 hours/week: Sleep
7 hours/week: Shower, etc.
10 hours/week: Work out
14 hours/week: Food

That is, 175-190 hours/week is taken up by that time. Funny enough, there are only 168 hours in the week. Hmmm...

Of course, I was being liberal in some of the allotments (i.e. sleeping for 7 hours a night and spending an hour for both lunch and dinner each day), but I didn't even include things like grocery shopping, having a life, and unplanned meetings (which will most assuredly come up). In other words, it appears that I will no longer have free time, and that I just need to get used to the idea. But, no free time is the sacrifice I'll need to make in order to pay my bills...and I'd rather maintain my good credit and skip a couple of nights out with the gang...

I am not a happy camper. Hmmm....camping...no rent!!!

Maybe I should start selling stuff--goodness knows I have lived a comfortable life for 24 years, it's about time I am forced to learn the value of a dollar (anyone want to buy a Coach bag, some never-worn Steve Madden sandals, or maybe even my car? [Yes, I could get one that still drives for half the price of this one...I just Kelley Blue Booked it and the trade-in value is over $8000 and the private party value is over $9800]).

Ugh. It's not as if anyone reads this thing, but I just brought down the mood of...well, myself, at least.

On the bright side, Debbie, Brian, and I are watching The Usual Suspects, which is always a good flick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home