I Could Write a Book

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Crafty.

It's 11:31 a.m. (EST) as I begin to type this. I woke to the less-than-brilliant timbre of my alarm at 7:30. Four hours have gone by and, despite my lack of productivity, this day has, thus far, been a success.

Mr. Comcast Man decided that today was an acceptable day for him to work (and, as it turns out, he's from Cleveland!). Therefore, I have my cable back in action. And, joy of all joys, when it came back on, it was on the NFL channel. Ricky Williams will be playing again. This is less joyous, but whatever...Anyway, so I switched channels in disgust, only to come upon a film which is, in my opinion, one of the greatest films ever produced: "The Longest Day." Now, of course I could choose to critique this movie for its weaknesses and could, as a result, write a relatively lengthy essay on that topic. But, then again, someone could choose to do the same thing about me--I'd rather hate to read a biography written about me. So, instead, I will choose to merely enjoy the film, appreciate its multitude of cinematic triumphs, and will still be disappointed when the clicking system doesn't work, and the soldier (whose name has momentarily escaped me) is killed off by a couple of Germans (but hats off to them for the lucky break...I guess).

Of course, it bothers me that I enjoy that movie so much because war is just repulsive. I don't think it's necessarily inescapable, but I do think that it has become an "easy" way out. Of course, "easy" is a term I use loosely...But, I don't feel like going into that right now.

Suzy stayed at my place last night, and it was nice to catch up with her for awhile--we hadn't spoken at all since May, at which point she left for Seattle and I left for St. John...We have a weird friendship, but a good one, nonetheless.

Also, everyone should be readying themselves: CLEVELAND BROWNS TRAINING CAMP BEGINS ON FRIDAY (JULY 29). WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!! :0)

I think I might have a bit of a problem. I just love the Browns SO much...And, we're going to have a great season this year. No more of the "rebuilding" shennanigans. We're going to win (and won't I love it when we beat the Steelers!).

Once again, this entry is not markedly brilliant, but at least I keep myself entertained, if no one else. I'm going to go enjoy some cable t.v. since a) I actually have time to watch and b) I pay too much each month to not enjoy it!

Mmmm...the NFL channel... :0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home