I Could Write a Book

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

A Shaft of Sunlight...

Weddings (that I can think of) to which I will be invited next summer (so far):

May (sometime): Jon Ellegood/Jenny
June (sometime): James Riggins
June 24: Brian Wallace/Renee
June 24: Katherine Benjamin/Mike
July (sometime): Emily White
August (sometime): Tammy Fuller
August (sometime): Josh Snyder/Kate Lockard
August 26: Debbie Duckworth/Brian Saxe
Sometime next summer: Amanda DeGaetano/Riley Smith
Sometime next summer: Erica Stewart/Chris

I know there are at least a couple more, and I can't even think of who they are at this point (am I a horrible person or what?!?)

Rich, Suzy, Jon, Jenny, Debbie and I played cards tonight...10 to 1, Apples to Apples, Euchre...and, we watched "Fraggle Rock" for awhile. Good to play with the old crew again, though I found myself referencing Euchre-related inside jokes that were created in Israel, so, of course, no one thought them funny. I even made the "Bzzzzz" noise when I went fishing for trump. Sadly, no one even appreciated that there was fishing going on. It was fantastic, however, when someone asked what the word "Euchre" actually meant, and I was able to supply them with an accurate answer.

I'm really exhausted but I have a lot on my mind at the same time. For example, how can someone become a good friend, then, without explanation, turn on you and treat you like a complete stranger? And how can someone else, who you just met, treat you like an old friend? People can be weird about friendships (not to mention other sorts of relationships). But, I guess it's hard for me to understand how people who have different personalities than me (and are different altogether) approach friendships because, clearly, they're different. Eh, c'est la vie.

It stormed today. I love the sound of thunder, and I love the feeling of rain on my face. Rain, for me, represents an overall cleansing, and the sense of freshness that pervades the air after a good rainfall is pleasantly overwhelming. Mmmmm.

Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home