I Could Write a Book

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Scheduled.

Things are becoming refreshingly busy around here now. I officially begin working at WMI tomorrow morning, have a lunch meeting set for Thursday with Dean White and Purdie to discuss SA and the coming year, and I have a PTSMC meeting on Friday morning with Don and the rest of the crew (most of whom I haven't actually met).

Plus, of course, my Israel papers are still looming, as are the resume and autobiography I need to submit to CHUPC before I start Field Ed. That stuff is really no big deal though. I've done all of the preparation for the Israel papers, and I know myself well enough to write a resume and autobiography (obviously).

Last night was, again, sleepless. I was up until 2:30 this time, then kept tossing and turning for the remainder of the night. I don't know why I'm suddenly having such trouble sleeping, except, of course, that things that I was able to push out of my mind earlier in the summer have now crept their way up to the front again. I'm not ready to deal with all of it, but I don't want to continue in this insomniac's lifestyle either.

I am started to get excited about meeting all of the new people this year, and to see everyone again after being apart for several months. But, at the same time, I'm suffering from a severe case of the Travel Bug. After having been gone for 2 months, and spending time in two fabulous places, I am not satisfied just hanging around Pittsburgh...Hopefully going to Chicago in a few weeks will help stifle some of my "illness," which can then be eliminated by the mounting excitement for the start of school. I just don't know though. I want to see the world. My grandma and I both have the goal of getting to every single continent before we die. I have three out of the way. She has six...But we're both set on getting to Antarctica somehow. Anyway, being that I do, indeed, have 5 papers to finish between now and August 24, I am going to get to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home