I Could Write a Book

Friday, August 05, 2005

Bug.

I'm not certain exactly why, but there are a couple of people here that, under normal circumstances, are reasonably good friends of mine, but lately, they're bugging me to no end. One in particular keeps calling me--5,6, even 7 times a day. I have started keeping my phone off all day because I figure anybody who calls for an important enough reason will leave a message...And, wouldn't you know, that particular person called to make sure "everything was okay" because my car was parked in the lot but my phone wasn't turned on and I wasn't answering the door to my apartment. Ok, that's slightly scary...Leave me alone!

Plus, I don't need (or want) to have a babysitter...and, furthermore, I don't need (or want) to drive everytime I go somewhere in Pittsburgh (which, for the record, I was off campus without my car for a few hours today).

I'm a fairly patient person, but this has been going on since the day I got back from Israel. Also, this same person has been whining to me about how no one wanted to ever spend time with him/her until I got back and wonders why I'm "so much more popular" and all this other garbage. Perhaps it's that I take the initiative to plan things. Of course, the fact that I know most of the people that are currently on campus better than this person also makes a difference. I know it's not a big deal at all, it's just a nuisance. But, I'll be gone for the weekend anyway, so maybe that will help to quell the shennanigans...

On a happy note, I got to eat Indian for lunch today! Yum! I recalled enjoying the spinach/cheese stuff (I'm horrible with remembering the names of most Indian dishes, and even worse at spelling them) that April had when we were there in March, so I had some of that...Of course, this was a buffet, so I tasted several things, but the spinach and the curried chicken were the two highlights.

Anyway, Bob and Al want to wax the floor of this entire level of Long, so I ought to skidaddle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home