I Could Write a Book

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Euchre.

In an effort to gain a better knowledge of my work requirements at WMI this year, I showed up at 10 a.m., as scheduled. However, after waiting an hour, Dr. Sunquist stopped by my office to let me know that Don has kidney stones...Clearly, he would not be showing up.

Sooo...I headed down to South Park and begand another day of home repair. The day began well, as we spent it at Home Depot buying several supplies, not the least of which was cement board, drywall, and a tub surround. Not lightweight materials.

We grabbed lunch then went back to Mary's house. First, we carried all of the old tile and wall paper and other "shrapnel" from the bathroom down to the curb. Again, not lightweight materials. Then I got the shop vac and swept the leftover crap. Then, we hauled several other things (garbage pickup is in the a.m.). In an effort to continue working but not kill myself, I then opted to finish taping the rest of the living room, upper hallway, etc. Of course, I ran out of tape after the picture window, the sliding door, and one other door frame, but such is life. I will have plenty to paint prior to getting more tape anyhow. I left at around 5 and got back here before 6. Upon arrival, I noticed two young individuals moving into my apartment building. As it turns out, they are my next door neighbors!!! Their names are Chris and Eileen, and they are newlyweds (as of only 2.5 weeks ago, in fact). I introduced myself, helped unload some stuff, then Debbie came up and we ended up talking to them for a half an hour or so. They seem to be pretty laid back and a lot like me, so that's good. I did go ahead and warn them about me during football games. They didn't mind. Plus, Ben and I will be going to the only bar in Pittsburgh that shows Cleveland games (it's for all of us stranded Browns fans), so I won't always be around on Sundays during game time anyway.

I have started cleaning up my apartment, and I need to pack tonight since I will be leaving in the morning, not to return until Monday night! It's always sort of a pain to pack for two different places at once, but I'm sure I'll manage. I just can't forget my sister's bday stuff!!!

Also, as a weird sidenote, this random guy named Jack wants to go out sometime. He's 25, an electrical engineer, and seems to be sort of normal. However, I don't know that I'm interested in starting anything with anyone right now. Plus, he lives almost an hour away, and I am just back and forth as to whether or not I ought to even consider it.

As a second sidenote, the other person in the computer lab with me is whispering along to everything as she reads. She's clear across the room, but it's like she's whispering into my ear.

Finally, I got an email from Michael today. He's willing to sign my book...yay! It's the little things in life, as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, I ought to go get some more cleaning, packing, and dinnering (?) done. Oh, and it's a sad day in Oxford, Ohio. Miami students will no longer be able to enjoy the "walk-up drive-through" at the Wendys--it burned down on Friday and has irreparable damage. But, as Roommate said, at least it wasn't the Steinkeller's (or Mac N Joes, Pachiko, or any of the other bars that we grew to know so well during the undergrad years).

Enough from the peanut gallery! :0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home