I Could Write a Book

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Crap.

Ok, so, I was scared for the whole Hurricane Katrina thing. But I consoled myself with the thought that everyone I knew would at least be out of there, even if they lost everything...But, now that I know Michael is still in New Orleans, I'm really scared (But his wife and kids are in Mississippi, which will be at least slightly better--no flooding where they are).

I realize I have seen him for a total of only 5 weeks in my life. But spending 5 weeks in Israel amongst a group of new faces and eating, drinking, and working together causes a sort of closeness that other things might not. Plus, we've really kept in touch. And, of course, I was supposed to be staying with them this February. Now, I still don't know what is going to happen. None of us do...

Anyway, we got to know each other fairly well, given the alotted time, and he has become someone who I respect and admire greatly, in his profession, but more importantly, as a person. He is a strong character--and hilarious--with immense depth. In short, he is fantastic...not that I've ever actually told him that. I'm not one for expressing myself too frequently.

And then there's Roy...He said he may get to Texas, but wasn't sure because he has to take care of his grandma...who can't walk...Roy is a firecracker, so I know he would get himself out of there, but I also know that he wouldn't ever leave anyone behind--he just cares so much about the people in his life...And I'm not sure he realizes how many people care about him!

Basically, here's the scoop: This sucks.

1 Comments:

At 8/28/2005 09:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just Lemembel:

God is in control of everything--Jesus calmed the storm! God is in control of this storm too.

Rove yaou.
Gland Lapids fol me taomollaow.
Bpb.fl.b.b.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home