I Could Write a Book

Saturday, September 17, 2005

CBus

I just thought I ought to update after a rousing trip to CBus. Yesterday at 12:30, Debbie, Brian, and I drove over to Ben's place, where he met up with us and we all jumped in his car...We then headed to Columbus--a 2.5 hour road trip that involved a whole lot of "Sweet Love Part Deux" (a cd made for him by one of the girls for whom he is Resident Director at Duquesne...haha). This mix is like no other; It was sappy 80s song after sappy 80s song. The saddest part? We all crooned along...we knew EVERY SONG!!! Debbie and I took great satisfaction in knowing that, for as long as Ben was singing, neither of us would ever sound bad. Of course, then we listened to country, so only Ben and I knew the words to any of the songs. We were all quite wound up, so it was a great time. We got to Jennie's house, so I finally got to meet Jennie (clearly). Then, since Ben's dad lives in CBus (well, Worthington), we headed over there for awhile. He was so excited to see Ben and thought the rest of us were so nice (his words, not mine) that he actually made a slide show and set it to music so we could see who his family is, etc. To "You've Got A Friend" by James Taylor. How cute is that?!? So, we were there for awhile, then had to get going so that we could get ready for Jennie's shindig. While the girls finished "prettying up," the boys ran to Subway and got us some dinner. They got back, and we all headed over to Norm's house and were so hungry at that point that we just inhaled our subs and watched the Indians win. Yes!!!

People started to show up about a half an hour later (9 or so), and that's when my headache set in. I had some beer and tried to relax, but felt SO horrible. I was bummed because I really wanted to meet all of the friends of Debbie, Brian, and Ben that I'd heard so much about. I met quite a lot of them, actually, but was miserable for the vast majority of the time. So, just before midnight, I went upstairs and crashed into bed (yay for our group laying claim on multiple beds!!!) People came up and checked on me multiple times...Debbie came in a couple of times, Aaron came in once, Ben came in, Brian, Chad...etc. Then, when it came time for the rest of the gang to get ready for bed, I got up and we all talked for a bit. Then we all hit the hay.

This morning, we all woke up and my headache was mostly gone. Once I got out of that "good morning funk," it had entirely dissipated. Hurray! However, I missed out on a lot of fun, or so I hear. Oh well. We all talked and laughed for awhile, but, alas, it was time to leave since both Ben and Debbie had stuff to do back here in the 'Burgh tonight. We drove back, and Ben even stopped at Starbucks just to be nice. :0) He dropped us at Debbie's car, we came back here, then Brian and I drove up to Pittsburgh Mills (the new mall) and shopped for 3 hours...I went to H&M and got a new skirt and a new (and totally cool...yes, I am a valley girl) hat. I'm wearing it right now. And I got some phenomenal aviator-esque sunglasses. And a silver bag like my sister's bronzey one from New York. Woohoo! :0) Oh yeah, and we ate dinner. It was fun--nice to hang out with Brian and just be a nerds.

Tomorrow is going to be a fantastic day. Why, you ask? Well......Dave and I are driving down to our respective churches in Crafton, then I will come back here and get lots of work done until about 3, at which point, I will head out to the South Side and become an official member of the Browns Backers!!!! AND, I'll get my anti-Steelers long-sleeved tshirt. Plus, it will be fun to hang out with lots of Cleveland fans...Ben will be there, and Brian might hitch a ride with me. I fully intend to wear some of my Browns gear and the new aviators.

Plus, the Browns are clearly going to win.

I sent a letter to Michael and a card to Kalypso yesterday. I just found out that Michael will be returning to New Orleans on Wednesday, so I hope he gets it before he leaves. I think I'll email him and tell him that if he doesn't get it, to ask Therese to open it. I still have a care package for Kalypso in the works. I just need 1 lousy egg and 1/3 a cup of vegetable oil. I'll get it taken care of soon though.

Anyway, I need to go...I have lots of work to do and, clearly, I haven't done enough of it so far.

Hope all is well with y'all. Have a good one! Later, skaters! :0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home