I Could Write a Book

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

parades.

Ok, now I am really starting to get excited about Spring Break.

Don't get me wrong, I've been excited for quite awhile, but now that it's only 11 days away, the thrill is all the greater.

This is all especially true because Michael and I have been exchanging emails today, figuring out the details of how I will meet up with everyone!!!! Hurray!! I am so excited to see them! And it doesn't even end there! Because, right after, it will be off to Chicago! Hurray!

Clearly, I now have lots of energy.

But, let's take a look at things: I get to see Dabney, who I haven't seen in almost 2 years (whoa!), Marne, who I haven't seen in longer than that, the Homans, who I haven't seen in various amounts of time, and the Smiths, who I haven't seen since December (and they're mi familia, after all). Brilliant!

I realize that I'm becoming slightly redundant, having mentioned my upcoming trips and the people I will see as a portion of the content in several blogs. I don't care. It's my blog and I'll repeat if I want to! :0)

Is it a bit ridiculous that I am now more interested in packing than I am in finishing my finals/papers/etc.? Probably. Oh well. This is how things always are--I always have to get through finals, and then I have some fabulous event following immediately on the tails of a crazy academic week. And I still manage to get all of my work done. Woohoo! :0)

(As an incredibly lame sidenote: the chain of emails between Michael and me lacks a subject. So, right now, it says "re: re: re:" which reminds me very much of when Garth Algar stabs Mr. Donut Man in Wayne's World which, of course, is an intertextual echo that harkens back to Psycho. I hope somebody, besides me, can follow that logic. If not, I'm satisfied knowing that I've at least amused myself).

Hurray! 5 terms (almost) finished! Only 4 to go!!! :0) Bye. :0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home