I Could Write a Book

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

feel good.

Grampa had some surgery today and is in recovery...he's improving, but still has a long way to go.

Lisa Bell's husband was killed in Iraq last week--he was one of the Marines killed in the bombing...even though the Bells haven't really been a part of our lives for several years (though I did just see Mrs. Bell over Thanksgiving), it's still really sad to hear that kind of news.

In keeping with my quest for optimism and feeling good in the midst of rather yucky times, I am going to here mention two compliments. One came as a little surprise--I was looking at the myspace page of Lindsey, one of the girls in the youth group at BUMC. On myspace pages, there is a section for things like favorite music, favorite tv shows, and heroes. As it turns out, Lindsey listed me as one of her heroes!

The other one came from Michael. Now, of course, he didn't mean for it to be a compliment at all, but this was what he said after answering a series of Bible-related questions that I emailed him: "You should study more interesting things like American Idol on TV or you will wind up being a total loser like me."

I realize that's not even remotely a compliment, but I still interpreted it as such because it means that I was asking the kinds of questions that get me classified as a "nerd" or, in a much nicer way, as an "academic." Yay me! :0)

I have a meeting tonight. I have to leave in 15 minutes. I'm not too excited about it.

Bye :0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home