I Could Write a Book

Sunday, December 04, 2005

making waves.

I truly had a ball at the Duquesne Holiday Ball last night. I got to Ben's place at 5:30 yesterday evening and got home at 2:30 a.m. We spent our time with 3 couples, the women in each being Ben's coworkers (Sharon, his boss, was among them). We laughed and laughed. After leaving the ball, our group of 8 headed out to Cecil to this club of which the other 6 (excluding Ben and me) are members. We got a couple of drinks and played Euchre into the wee small hours (as noted above). I should here note that I played Euchre with the 3 men and Ben played with the 3 women because I am so stinking awesome at that game! :0)

There were, as with any multihour function, several quotable moments...none that I feel compelled to mention here...but it was fantastic overall.

When I got home, I was all wound up, so I ended up reading for class until 3:30, then finally sleeping. I awoke this morning to the heinous mess that was my apartment. I began cleaning and, with only a couple of breaks, continued through until my aunt and 2 cousins showed up at 5:45 or so. We went for dinner, then Aunt Catherine dropped us off here and we have been hanging out ever since. My how things have changed with the two girls...we're having a good time though.

I know that I have plenty of other things to say on here, but I will be waiting until a later time, as it's well past midnight right now, and I have a 7:30 wakeup call!

Bye :0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home