I Could Write a Book

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Dashing.

I have successfully shown myself to be the root of all things controversial in Christology.

Maybe that's not exactly true, but it was due (almost entirely) to my paper and related comments that our section was all in a frenzy this morning. There was actually some yelling that occured. Yelling, I tell you!

I don't mind being a "dissenter," as it were, but I was frustrated after class when I talked to a couple of people who thought they disagreed with me until I was given the chance to speak more on the topic. There were people in there who interpreted my comments through their own lenses (as it goes), and a couple who, in trying to reformulate my thoughts, completely jumbled them up.

But, I was told at the end of class that I was very "courageous" for bringing forward the conclusions that I had drawn. I do wish that everyone in the class had read the same three articles as I, and perhaps I would have been able to spend more time discussing my thoughts, rather than trying to explain those things on which the articles focused.

Such is life.

I have to work this afternoon, then I'm meeting up with the Badgers and Wickers for dinner, and then we're all going to go hear Dr. Tappy and Dr. McCarter give their presentation yet again. After this, I might be able to give the presentation myself! :0) Even still, it will be exciting to hear...and, I'm sure, it will further instill in several PTSers the interest in going to Israel with our lovely Zeitah crew this summer!

I am SO excited to make my return trip! Plus, I can get another tshirt since one of mine has a hole in it :0( (I'm not entirely sure as to how that happened...oh well!)

So, I must be off as work is in under 20 minutes, and I want to check my mailbox on campus in the meantime.

Bye :0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home