I Could Write a Book

Saturday, December 10, 2005

mingle.

This week has gone from bad to worse to fair.

Without going into all of the details, my family is finding several new reasons to be a support system for each other. It's hard for me because I don't live near my sister, who could really use all the strength she can get right now (though we're working to remain optimistic) and I don't really live that close to Mom & Dad, or even to Grampa and Gramma to be of any help there...and even though that's at least a reasonable distance, I am so busy all of the time that it's just very difficult.

On the other hand, I am very grateful to be surrounded by so many people who care. People are just bending over backwards around here because they know I've had a lousy week...it's really hard for me to accept help from anyone, but it's really great to know that so may people are willing to give it in whatever way is necessary. I wish everyone here could split up--half going to WV and half to Chicago, and then things would really be good. :0)

In terms of good stuff that's going on: I got my grades yesterday and have managed to get myself a 3.9167. Not a 4.0, but not really anything to cry about either. Silly A-. I guess I can be okay with that. It's funny because my gpas just get higher and higher the longer I'm in school (which bodes well for PhD work!) I'm a big fan of rising gpas! :0)

Also, I got paid yesterday, which is a ginormous relief. And I'm expecting a check in the mail sometime in the near future, which will also be quite helpful.

The mambo last night was a fairly good time. It was good to catch up with some people who aren't in any of my classes this term. After the mambo itself ended, Grant, Allen, and Allison came over for awhile--we played cards and talked and whatnot. It was very fun. Of course, I didn't get to bed until nearly 5, but who's counting?!? :0)

This afternoon, I'm going down to Market Square with Keith, Derek, Rick, and others, and we're doing this giant outreach thing. I am in charge of the clothing...because there's a lot of it to hand out to various homeless people, and I have several bags of it sitting in my closet right now. Keith tells me he has some more with him too! I'm looking forward to it.

And, Grampa's birthday is today. I called him and sang--I think he was happy to hear from me, but he had to go because his nurse was waiting to take him somewhere. Still, I was glad to talk to him for a couple of minutes.

Anyway, that's all for now. Bye. :0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home