I Could Write a Book

Saturday, November 11, 2006

mooch

I'm sitting at the Starbucks in Greentree right now and am mooching the internet off of the Greentree Library. I'm not even sure where the library is, exactly, but it is clearly not too far away.

I ought to be working on studying for my TH03 final--and I have been--but I think I deserve a tiny bit of a break.

I'm having a soy gingerbread latte right now. It is yummy. And tonight, we're going to a Japanese steakhouse to celebrate Tim's birthday.

It's raining and sort of "blah" outside, but Joe and the guys are playing football. Boy, he's going to be mudddddy when he gets back. Oh well.

I really like coming to Starbucks (or any other coffee place) to get work done. It's fun to do a bit of people watching, and I always like to get work done in a new environment. It saves me from getting bored, and allows me to really focus. Until, of course, I discover that my wireless card is doing its job. But, still, it's just nice to be in a different space.

Plus, I always feel like I might look like I'm doing something that's sort of important. Of course, someone's probably looking on my monitor right now and realizing that I'm only blogging, but that's probably okay too.

Last night, I felt like I had real confirmation as a part of the friends with whom I spend time now. Basically, this is a group of people who have all spent the vast majority of their freetime together for anywhere between 6 and 23 years. It's hard to make a lot of big connections as an outsider with people whose lives are so intricately intertwined. But, it seems I've "made it," because my name will be entered into the Christmas gift exchange this year. Of course, this makes me chuckle, because I think of my brother-in-law and his friends a few years ago (like...10 years ago, actually...sheesh), saying, "Shhh....he wasn't a part of the gift exchange." I know...not funny to any of you except for my sister.

Ok, being that I'm more tangential than normal, I think I should get back to studying so that I can channel my creative genius into theological substance...or something.

Bye! :0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home