I Could Write a Book

Monday, August 14, 2006

Birthday Season.

Happy Birthday, Joe!!! :0)

Yes, today begins yet another birthday season--Joe is 25, on Saturday, J will turn 30, 16 days after that, I will turn 25, 29 days later, Rachel will turn 4.

Hurray for birthdays!!! :0)

It will come as no surprise to you that my life is crazy. However, I am pleased to say that my plans for the week consist only of: working for 15 hours, cleaning my apartment, grocery shopping, doing some laundry, packing for Chicago, going to a picnic tonight, going to a meeting Wednesday night, saying goodbye to Stacey and Steve for 4 months, and, on Friday, flying with Joe to Chicago for a Smith Spectacular.

Also, Roommate will be driving in from Indy, and it will be the first time we've seen each other in 2 years and she'll get to meet Joe, which is good since she's in the wedding and all. I'm SO excited for this weekend.

Joe and I had an interesting talk last night, because I realized all over again that, after this year, my life will again go through major transitions in terms of my friendships. I mean, of course I will be getting married, graduating, moving to a new home, getting another job...and, just as with high school and college, so many of the friends I've made while being here will disperse. And, of course, I'll find myself in a weird situation where I need to find new and promising friendships. Given that Joe really wants to stay in Pittsburgh, it seems that these friendships will not be so easily truncated, and that's a good feeling. Of course, I really like all of the chuppers, but it's a little harder with them right now, as they've all grown up together and I can't/don't want to break in and sort of take over or anything like that.

Just something to think about...along with the wedding planning (291 days!), the honeymoon planning (any suggestions?), and the looming thought of school starting up again in 3 short weeks (hopefully it will fly at least as quickly as it did last year).

Ok, I'm off to Giant Eagle to buy food for the week and lots of stuff to put in the fruit salad I'm making for our cookout tonight.

Bye! :0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home