I Could Write a Book

Monday, June 26, 2006

Recover.

I'm still so worn out--emotionally, physically, mentally.

I have sort of intentionally been withdrawn because I know I'm sort of on edge right now, and I don't want to snap at anyone. Plus, frankly, I haven't been feeling very social lately.

Of course, the irony of it all is that I saw lots of people this weekend...

Friday, I ran a few errands, then spent a relaxing hour and a half at Caribou, just reading a book. I think that's something I need to do more often, because it was so nice to just get away from it all and escape into someone's fictional life. Plus, I turned off my phone--I really need to do that more often, as my phone seems to ring off the hook. At 1:15 or so, I headed out to pick up Joe at his office which is waaaaaay out in the middle of nowhere. It sort of made Slippery Rock seem like a bustling metropolis. The drive was pretty though (once I got off of 79, anyway), and the rain, which was pouring down on me in Pittsburgh, had all but stopped by the time I got up to Boyers. However, I no sooner picked him up, and the rain started all over again--now coming down harder than before. But, we were headed to Cleveland and there was no stopping us (well, we did stop once, but you get the idea). We headed across 80 and got to Mom and Dad's house with relative ease, and even managed to relax for a little bit before they got home. Mom was surprised and happy to see us, and was also as exhausted and jet-lagged as one might imagine. We all talked for a little while, then headed out to Eddie's Creekside for dinner. I had not been there before, but it was tasty. Also, on the way there, Dad relayed his "Poseidon Adventure" story to us, wherein he was driving to Detroit from Toledo (and was minutes from the hotel), and it had been pouring rain, and he was slowed in traffic, so he put down his window to see, when along came a van in the fast lane, who proceeded to splash a tidal wave of a puddle...right. into. Dad's. car. He was soaked and not happy. It made for an entertaining story, however.

Anyway, we got back from dinner, I put in some laundry and we all changed into comfier clothes. Then, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves was on Encore, and, for whatever reason, we all started watching it, so we eventually moved to the big t.v. and, except for Mom, we watched the entire movie (that's right--even Dad stayed awake for it). Dad went to bed then, and Joe and I stayed up for another couple of hours talking about things--some happier than others.

Saturday, we got up and ate at Sue's for breakfast (brunch, really), and I continued to do laundry. Also, Dad and I washed my car and swept the interior and cleaned the windows. It could really use a good waxing, but we didn't have time on Saturday. I cleaned out my trunk, which contained some interesting things: a shirt and skirt for Rachel, a mini bottle of cognac, a cd with several oldies on it, and a pay stub from two years ago when I worked at Starbucks. Now, I know my trunk hasn't been dirty for that long, so somehow, that whole melange of stuff must've been thrown in at once or something. Anyway, it's gone now.

Finally, all of us got showers and headed out to our respective weddings. Three of my friends walked the line on Saturday: Amanda, Katherine, and Megan. Joe and I went to Amanda's wedding/reception, while Mom and Dad went to Katherine's wedding and Megan's reception. Amanda and Riley were married at the Bertram, where the reception then followed. It was nice to see all of the Orange crew again, and Joe got a chance to meet/re-meet lots of people as well. The food was good, there were lots of laughs, and it was exciting that Amanda and Riley finally were married after 6 years. But, cheesy at it is, the highlight was dancing with Joe. Two months in, and we were still ridiculously giddy. Especially during the last song we danced to, "Unchained Melody." If you know me at all, you likely know that that's my all-time favorite song. So, to end our evening on that 'note' was nice. It was a strange thing when we danced together though--it was like there was no one else in the room. For 3 minutes (or however long the song lasted), there was nothing else in the world, there were no problems, there was nothing to think about except for us. Just Joe and me.

Of course, all good things come to an end, and such was the case with our evening. At 10 or so, we left the wedding, and Aurora, to come back here to Pittsburgh. Stopping for gas at Sheetz in Streetsboro, we managed to get back in just over two hours, which was great, as both of us were exhausted. Joe kindly stayed awake for the entire drive however, just to keep me talking and awake as well. And, it ended up that we talked about some really important stuff.

And, yesterday, we went to church, of course. And then there was the CHUP Luau, where I tossed a football with Scott and, later, Sandi...and where Joe and I were on a water balloon-tossing team (and we came in second place in the second round)...and where we all ate lots of picnic food, which was served just as more rain came down in sheets (fortunately, we had a pavillion). We went back to Joe's, slightly damp and still exhausted, and both of us slept for an hour and a half or so. Then we had to take several bags of clothing over to the church to donate. And then we ended up having a bit of a 'discussion' if you will...but everything was resolved by the time I headed out at 10:20 last night.

Today, I work for five hours, and then I have a meeting with Steve. Tomorrow, I work again, then I am driving immediately down to Joe's so that we can head out to Ft. Meade, MD for a few days (he has to go on business, and we'll also be going to an Orioles game). We'll get back on Thursday, and then Friday, I'll work again, and then we'll leave for Cleveland to spend the weekend with my parents and...J, Mat, and Rach!!! Joe hasn't met Mat or Rach, and only sort of met J back in October, when neither of them had any clue that it would be important to meet each other...so, really, it doesn't count. Anyway, it will be really fun to be together. We'll head back here on Sunday night, we both work on Monday, and then we'll celebrate July 4th at his house with a bbq, etc.

So, a lot of really fun things are coming up this busy couple of weeks. Somewhere in there, I'll need to get a good night's sleep though...

But, for now, I just need to get ready for work. Bye! :0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home