I Could Write a Book

Friday, July 14, 2006

shock*

*and awe.

Will wonders never cease? I'm updating my blog!

The question of it all is this: where do I begin?

I could write about my time spent wiling away the hours at the bookstore where I work. Or, I could discuss the fun that was my week-o-trips a few weeks ago. Similarly, there's softball, luaus, Chrysalis in Cranberry, and even caulking and spackling to mention.

But, I think that I'll start with one of the best things in the world: strawberry banana-flavored things. You see, at the bookstore, we have a basket of candy out for our patrons...and the other day, I was amazed to learn that, within that basket, there were several strawberry banana Starbursts. This was a new concept to me and, as it turned out, a rather enjoyable one. Of course, it does not quite meet the delight of a strawberry banana Edy's fruit smoothie popsicle. Or, even, Giant Eagle low fat s.b. yogurt. But, it was a treat, nonetheless. Oh yes, and yesterday, I had Berry Banana Cheerios. Delish.

Also, I have noticed something about myself lately: I rather enjoy poetry. I guess I've always had a sort of tepid relationship with poetry--some I liked and some I despised. In reality, even the greatest lover of poetry has some poems the s/he despises (maybe moreso). But, it seems that, for whatever reason, my appreciation for poetry as a literary form has increased. Maybe it's because I've been reading it for fun, not because it was assigned in this class or that. With that being said, I must admit that haikus, on the whole, really bother me. Don't get me wrong--many meaningful things are said in 17 syllables or less--but, there are a multitude of less meaningful things to say, and they seem to frequent themselves in the world of the haiku.

Third on my mind today is this: if I (or anyone, for that matter) had gone on to Israel for Zeitah this year, we would be getting back this weekend. Which means that a much tanner, blonder, more in shape Kristen would be roaming the streets of Pittsburgh, effective on Monday. While all of those things (mostly spending 5 weeks in Israel, though not as much lately) seem appealing, the status of things in my life now, having not gone overseas, is exciting in other ways. Ways that include a certain dinner conversation that will be happening a week from today involving a certain guy and two certain parents of mine. :0)

Word on the street is that, sometime next week, the lovely maintenance people are putting new windows into my entire building. Now, this is very nice and all...except that my air conditioner won't fit into the new windows. That is cause for serious frustration. Not to fear, however--I have two fans on reserve for my living room alone, and another one that is already on non-stop in my bedroom.

Also, training camp starts really soon for the Browns. OH! And...everyone who's a Browns fan should read the article in SI about Joe Jurevicius. It's so cute...and happy...and pro-Browns. There's a picture of his family allllll wearing Browns stuff--it's a full page of fans. And the article is all about how Jurevicius is soooo stinkin' happy to be living his dream and playing in an orange helmet. Woohoo!!! And, there are two pictures of him in Browns stuff, and, in the casual picture, he's wearing an Indians hat! He might be my favorite player. Ever. :0)

Ok, enough from me...you were excited about a post, and this is all you're going to get today. Nonetheless, I hope all is well with y'all.

Bye! :0)

2 Comments:

At 7/14/2006 10:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, this may sound parental, but I am in some ways you didn't go to Israel this year. With all the stuff going on with Lebanon--not as safe as when you were there. I know. parental.

approximately 24 hours until DRYING can commence!!! :-)

quote of the day:"Yeah!! NO more hanging clothes!!!" (--R. Smith, age 3)

bpb.fl.b.



rayccmqh

 
At 7/14/2006 12:50:00 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

certain guy and certain parents having a certain conversation?! That certainly is exciting...

:o) Psh... and you thought that seminary wasn't a good place to meet someone... even tho he's not in seminary, if you hadn't been here then you wouldn't have met that certain guy... right? :o) right!

:-( we're moving in like a WEEK... I'm going to miss my neighbor...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home