I Could Write a Book

Sunday, January 01, 2006

1/4 of a century.

Ah, 2006.

A year that promises excitement, adventure, a winning season for the Browns, and much, much more. Right?

Well, at any rate, I know that there will be weddings. At CHUP, there are already two funerals. And I plan, at this point, to find myself in New Orleans, Chicago, Alaska, D.C., and Israel at some time in the next twelve months. Also, this will be the year of Master's Thesis-writing, PhD school-hunting, Hebrew-learning, and, of course, turning 25.

I'm rather ambivalent toward new year's resolutions. I think, after all, that one can be resolute about something at any time. But, as for me, I didn't come up with any new thing to which I hope to work toward. I had a list of things already without needing Jan. 1 to guilt me into coming up with another.

The past two weeks were a rare mix of relaxation and chaos. It was truly good to be with family. It was certainly an emotionally-charged holiday. My sister had all of us fighting tears around the dinner table on Christmas Day. It was a special moment for the 24 of us to share. Also, I saw lots of movies. And I am still cavity-free after all these years.

I am not even remotely prepared to begin classes again tomorrow. I have read for one of my four classes. Fortunately, I will have some extra time tomorrow that I hadn't originally been able to schedule. I know I'll get everything done as it needs to be done, but I am severely lacking in the motivation department right now.

By the way, for all of you cynics out there: THE BROWNS WON TODAY! That's right. All of you who dared to think that my Brownies wouldn't have a win in the AFC North this season better think again. And we beat the Ravens. Those filthy birds. Ah, it was marvelous. And our record improved by two wins this year (6-10). I am quite confident that, with a reasonable draft, we will be on the winning side of the game next year. I can't wait. I am truly bummed that the season has already come to a close. :0( But, there's still the Cavaliers and Indians for whom to cheer. And the Force, of course.

I am sorry for those of you who expected to read this, my latest update, and laugh. Apparently there are some who get quite a kick out of my entries. I think I am just exhausted right now. But don't you worry--I will be funnier in 2006 than ever before.

And now, at 11:15 p.m., I'm going to consider the merits of productivity. Bye :0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home