I Could Write a Book

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

lobsters.

25 things that make me happy:

1. The messages on the inside of Dove chocolates
2. Hearing an old song and remembering all of the lyrics...and associated memories
3. Finding a few minutes to relax in the middle of a stressful day
4. Unexpected compliments
5. Stick-to-itiveness
6. Automatic lifts
7. Hope
8. Hand lotion
9. Pigtails
10. Uncontrollable laughter
11. Indian food
12. Lush bath products
13. Photographs. Especially candids where someone looks unexpectedly gorgeous
14. Writing
15. Having direction in my career path, and being able to defend it when someone thinks there are better alternatives for me
16. Orange Julius
17. Diet Coke with a real twist of lime
18. Clementines
19. Luxembourg
20. Looking at my passport
21. Making lists
22. Crossing things off lists when they're accomplished
23. John Cusack movies
24. Flip flops
25. A great bargain

25 random facts about me that you may or may not know:

1. My sister and I used to picket our parents. We would make signs that said "unfair parents" and/or "we hate our parents" etc., and we'd march around the house carrying them.

2. I never take corn on the cob the first time it's offered.

3. Sometimes, when I want to go somewhere but don't feel like getting gussied up, I wonder if Stacy and Clinton might be secretly filming me for "What Not To Wear."

4. At one point, both Miami and PTS were my last choice schools. I almost didn't apply to either. I have now attended both.

5. I have been to, eaten at, and taken my picture in front of the original Cracker Barrel in Lebanon, TN. My roommate and I drove almost an hour outside of Nashville specifically for that purpose.

6. I have had my yahoo email account for 9 years.

7. Sometimes my good memory bothers me, as there are a few things I'd rather forget.

8. The lowest grade I've ever gotten was a 38% on a 5 point exegesis quiz last year. It was curved up to a B. I got an A in the class.

9. I am no longer allowed to donate blood, as I've spent too much time out of the country. This makes me very sad, as I'd only donated a handful of times and I'm an O-.

10. I would love to go to Bagel and Deli in Oxford, Ohio and have a Random Bagel, no tomato right now. I'd wash it down with a UDF peanut butter milkshake.

11. In some ways, it seems like college happened long before high school.

12. My family likes to sing very weird things. There is a place on St. Thomas called Bolongo Bay. After having driven past it several times, my family began to sing "Stars and Stripes Forever" with the only lyrics being "Bolongo Bay" over and over again.

13. My sister requires that any guy I date be dorky enough to be ok with things like #12.

14. Despite the fact that living with her our freshman year was absolutely crazy (though we never fought), I still think it's kind of cool that Jayna and I sat next to each other at graduation, and that we're still in touch.

15. Though my grades are quite good, I still don't always work up to my potential, and that frustrates me so.

16. I wish I could ice skate and play kickball more often.

17. I remember when Mr. Caponi, my art teacher in 6th grade, wrote on my report card that I had outstanding ability. I still think he was lying.

18. I played the percussion in band for 3 years. Then, one day, Mr. Brookhart called and asked if I'd switch to baritone. So I did. It was much easier to talk during class in the lower brass section.

19. I hope that my high school class has a ten year reunion. But, I still have to wait 3 more years.

20. When I was in eighth grade, I had a conversation with Pat Gillen in homeroom about trying out for the football team. I wanted to be the kicker. Pat told me that his girlfriend, Kate, was going to be the kicker instead. Neither of us tried out, but I'm pretty sure I would've won.

21. I think it's fun to do nice things anonymously.

22. When I was young, I thought that everyone in the Army had to shave their heads. So, when I wanted one of my Barbies to join the Army (though this was the Barbie and the Rockers one with the blue eyeshadow), I cut off all of her hair. I actually had two Barbie and the Rockers barbies because one was Tara Coleman's. She had been my babysitter and she left it there. I never gave it back.

23. One of my favorite elementary school memories is that I got to walk on the bikepath every day. If you're from Aurora, you know about the bikepath. I also felt cool when my sister and I would walk on it to go swimming at the country club. The bikepath is awesome.

24. I never want to be a politician.

25. I used to never think I could live in an urban environment until I moved to one.

Ok, time for bed. Bye! :0)

4 Comments:

At 1/04/2006 04:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jones Soda:
Have you seen the Holiday Pack?

Check out Cathy's brother's blog. (She is referred to as "Older Sister")

http://decorabilia.blogspot.com/2005/12/jones-soda-national-holiday-gift-pack.html

:-)

 
At 1/04/2006 09:45:00 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

Less than 2 months :0) (and yes, i've seen those before, but never was crazy enough to try them)

 
At 1/05/2006 10:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, so number 10 is something i did like a month or so ago. I LOVE that bagel place.. except they talk a lot about drug pushing.. but the steamed bagels are delish! AND i really like chocolate malts from UDF. I've only had peanutbutter a few times, but they're yummy. I found a college in cincinnati that i'm seriously considering, (Cincinnati Christain University). So i will be able to have UDF whenever i please.

-Mononica

 
At 1/06/2006 01:01:00 AM, Blogger Kristen said...

You went to Bagel only a month ago?!? I'm SO JEALOUS! You can have UDF/LaRosas/Skyline/Graeters/ Tumbleweed whenever your sweet little CCU heart desires. Which means I will have to visit :0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home