I Could Write a Book

Sunday, January 15, 2006

"ribble"

What a weekend it has been...and to think, it's only Saturday! I love that my weekend feels as if it should be coming to a close (as it began on Thursday evening), and yet, it's only halfway through! Monday, of course, is the day that we remember Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. A worthwhile event.

But, for now, a few details on my weekend:

Thursday, Debbie and I drove up to Cleveland and spent the evening hanging out with Mom. That included: sudoku-solving, hot tub-soaking, and tv-watching, among other things. It was relaxing. The rule for Debbie and me was that we were not allowed to do any work that evening...Little did I know that so little would be done yesterday or today.

Friday, the three of us woke up and ran a few errands: Verizon (I have a new phone! Hurray!), David's Bridal (I have shoes for the wedding! Hurray!), and Cracker Barrel (I have 2 new Yankee car scents! Hurray!) We headed home after that and I ended up zonking out for a long nap, while Debbie "studied" (ok, she slept too, she tells me) and Mom packed (she was leaving that evening for a retreat). Eventually, Mom woke me up (by pouncing--a very cruel way to awaken a very crabby girl) and said goodbye. Debbie and I proceeded to get more stuff done, then J called and we chatted for a bit. Also, I did laundry somewhere in this whole thing. Then, Debbie and I ordered dinner from The Boneyard and couldn't resist a stop at Handel's as well. Alas, homework became a necessary evil, so we did some of that, while managing to catch two episodes of "What Not To Wear."

Saturday (today), Debbie and I woke up and packed up the car to head back to Pittsburgh. Of course, lest you be deceived, we did not drive immediately back. No, we drove through Aurora, so as to give Debbie a somewhat-official tour. Of course, the snow delayed things a bit, but she saw some of the good stuff. And, I picked up my new frames from Dr. Tomko. They're fabulous. Also, we (of course) made a stop at Starbucks--Lauren was working, and Lindsey, Laura, and Mrs. Weaver came in, so I got to chat with each of them. Then we headed out. By about halfway through our trip, I looked at my gas tank and decided to fill up...so we exited at Boardman. Of course, I couldn't resist a stop at Peg and Ash's house, so we went there for a "five minute pitstop." Well over two hours later, we left again, but not until having plenty of tea and laughs. Finally, at 5:30, we returned to Pittsburgh, all set and ready to begin homework--for real this time.

At about 6:00 my (new) phone rang, and I got to it just in time to see that Ben had called. I called back and he wanted to go to dinner and to see Glory Road. The arm-twisting commenced, and, eventually, I concurred. I managed to get a surprising amount of work done in between him calling and him showing up, and felt even better about my decision when I learned that Brian and Debbie were joining us. Dinner was at the Outback down in Robinson. It was yummy and we had a great time. Plus, I have leftovers, which is always an exceptionally exciting situation. Ben and I went to see the movie, while Brian and Debbie opted, instead, to see Memoirs of a Geisha, which they said was excellent. So, all of us enjoyed our respective movies. Around 1, Ben rolled up to the curb, and the other three of us piled out of the car...which brings me to right now. I have to get up in under 6 hours, the wind is blowing furiously and, while I'm incredibly tired, I'm also rather wound up.

Tomorrow, I have church, then I really am going to get work done all afternoon. Then, in the early part of the evening, I will drive back to Boardman to meet up with Peg, Jay, and Rus. We're all going to drive up to Asbury, which will be fun. I'll most likely stay the night in Boardman, then, and drive back here on Monday morning.

Until then...bye :0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home