I Could Write a Book

Friday, January 06, 2006

throwback.

Things to be happy about:

1. 851 calories less today, after spending some time on the elliptical and treadmill. :0)

2. I, rather hurriedly, made a purchase today. Actually, three of them. In thinking about some of the best books that I've ever read, I recalled three that I had somewhere around 1991. And I hopped on Amazon.com and ordered them, to be shipped sometime next week. They are: The Westing Game, Mandy, and The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles. I assure you, these are the cornerstones of life. Or, at least, they are all fantastic (and fantastically imaginative) books. I can't wait to reread them.

3. I have been in correspondance with this guy, Brad Listi. Now, it's probably true that none of you has ever heard if him. However, he has a new book coming out in February called Attention.Deficit.Disorder, and it looks phenomenal. He's a creative, talented, young writer. And, as it happens, he's hilarious.

4. Tonight, for the first time in awhile, it does appear that we are going to play cards. And the alternative for that is just as thrilling: we're going to watch...Zoolander!!! How very brilliant.

5. J called and left a message. That always makes me smile.

6. Clif Bars were on sale at Giant Eagle. So, I purchased two flavors: chocolate mint and oatmeal raisin. Of course, I blame my interest in said product completely on the Smith family. And that's ok.

7. Despite my very pronounced lack of motivation this week, I'm no further behind now than I was a week ago!

8. I threw away an entire garbage bag filled with old papers and stuff that I don't need anymore and whose only use was occupying much-needed space in my apartment.

9. Every single BCS bowl game went as I'd hoped.

10. I listened to "Wizards of Winter" today while I was working out (it was one of many songs, of course) and it made me smile. And I even did the ending as my family does it--fortunately, no one else was in the room to witness it all, or to hear me laughing.

1 Comments:

At 1/09/2006 10:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah! ah! I love Mandy!

I never read the other two, sadly

but Mandy was my favorite book in sixth grade

 

Post a Comment

<< Home